At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a Academic Instructor who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional setting.
Who We Are:
CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality corrections and detention management services, providing effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success after release. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70 facilities nationwide, CoreCivic employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
The Academic Instructor provides instruction in basic education subjects such as mathematics, science, social studies, reading, writing and language arts, to help inmates/students learn skills that will contribute to their development as mature, responsible citizens. The Academic Instructor maintains a positive learning environment, adopting secure classroom management practices, and develops level appropriate lesson plans.
- Prepare course objectives following curriculum standards and applicable requirements by contract
- Plan a program of study, lesson plans, assignments, and tests under general supervision.
- Provides instruction using course outline, handouts and texts, audiovisual aids and other materials.
- Administer tests to evaluate students' progress and competency with subject matter.
- Assist students with individualized instruction as needed.
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree is required.
- A teaching license is preferred.
- Must possess or be eligible for certification, license or other credentials required by contract and/or state of employment.
- Continued employment in this position will be contingent upon obtaining and/or maintaining required agency credentials.
- Three years of classroom instruction experience is preferred.
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications is required.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace and EOE – including Disability/Veteran.