UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.When you work with UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual, what you do matters. It's that simple...and it's that challenging. In providing consumer-oriented health benefit plans to millions of people, our goal is to create higher quality care, lower costs and greater access to health care. Join us and you will be empowered to achieve new levels of excellence and make a profound and personal impact as you contribute to new innovations in a vital and complex system.
Regardless of your role at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual, the support you feel all around you will enable you to do what you do with energy, integrity, and confidence. So take the first step in what is sure to be a fast paced and highly diversified career. This is your life's best work.(sm)
The Account Executive for Key Accounts is responsible for broker/consultant sales to customers in the 100 to 3,000 employee range. The role encompasses sales to new, fully and self-insured business, with indirect responsibility for the retention of existing accounts.
New Business Sales Responsibilities:
- Accountable for prospect from presale to implementation
- Attain targeted sales goals for region and health plan
- Produce sales resulting in profitable premium levels
- Identify opportunities for ancillary/enterprise products on all new sales
- Lead team to achieve positive sales results (Dental, vision, etc)
- Sell business that can be administered
- Negotiate with underwriting when necessary
- Complete PRP requests as needed and manage PRP process, following processes for non-standard items
- Confirm implementation timing with customer and set expectations for deliverables with customers
- Collect group app and check from customer
- Develop and maintain strong broker/consultant relationships
- Develop and maintain key internal relationships
- Understand customer and broker/consultant needs and provide value-added consultation
- Identify key brokers/consultants for management development
- Present a positive image of UHG in the marketplace
- Community involvement through professional organizations, associations and local organization
- Understand goals, operating principles, strategies and competitive position of UHC
- In-depth healthcare knowledge, understand important trends
- Demonstrate knowledge of competitor’s strengths, weaknesses and strategies
- Understand medical management operations and strategies
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
• 2+ years of sales experience in the insurance industry with medical or ancillary products
• Motivated to exceed Sales Goals and objectives
• Sales insurance license maintained by law
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in related field
• Employee benefits marketplace and product knowledge
• Well organized with excellent computer skills
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Account executive, key accounts, Cypress, CA, California