SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
As the Account Management Director, you will be responsible for the Key Account Management Team focused on SGS Product Testing and Inspections for US Based Retailers, Brands, and Manufacturers for services executed both Domestically and Internationally. Drives and generates opportunities for revenue growth within assigned Global account and consistent with preset SGS global key account initiatives and strategies.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The Director will mentor, lead and drive the Key Account Management staff to deliver exceptional service for the Hardline legacy accounts and continue to properly present all SGS services to grow the market share within the respective account portfolios.
- Works to develop a strategic partnership between self and SGS the company, with senior levels of client base – assisting in providing creative and innovative solutions to client business strategies.
- Collaborate with SBU’s to increase Hardline growth and presence with Retailers and Brands managed by Softline, Retail Solution, Electrical & Engineering. Identify business opportunities within HL Main Product Segments and partner with Operations, Technical Teams to enhance capabilities.
- Manage the global network activity to ensure SOP compliance and prompt and accurate response to client inquiries or assignments.
- Collaborates with the Key Account Management Team to facilitate effective coordination of job orders, enquiries and technical exchanges between SGS affiliates, offices and personnel involved in the execution of the contract.
- Maximize existing revenue potential by networking with decision-makers within the account.
- Attend regular meetings with Key Account Management Staff at the client for marketing purposes, business development, technical governance, performance reviews, resolution of areas of conflict, delivery of invoices and reports.
- Collaborates with the Sales/Business Development Director in assigning new accounts and business opportunities to the Key Account Management Team, as needed, and maintain Legacy Account matrix up to date.
- Close engagement with overseas affiliates to ensure strategic global account alignment and market approach. Other responsibilities as required.
- Leadership and Management of the HL Key Account Management Team that is responsible for maintaining daily account management activities in accordance with SGS strategies and individual targets and KPI’s.
- Mentor & Support the Key Account Management Team in an effort to expand SGS category Lab Approvals by US HL Customers for testing and inspection services.
- Support RFP Global Coordination when required for Legacy Account Management Accounts.
- Collaborate and support the Key Account Management (KAM) Team to maximize legacy account portfolio, retention of accounts, and strategically position SGS as the preferred lab by delivering and elevating the client experience from our competitors.
- Define and monitor KPI’s and Key Account Management Revenue Targets.
- Support and collaborate with the Sales Director to develop action plans to penetrate new markets, product categories for legacy accounts.
- Collaborate with Key Account Management Staff for Client Meetings, Quarterly Business Reviews, Client Lab Visits.
- Participate in Global Account Alignment calls. Strong engagement with SGS Global Affiliates.
- Travel to Client HQ’s for Business Review Meetings.
- Responsible for annual review of accounts, revenue targets and staff performance.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience
- Global experience required
- 5+ years supervisory experience
- Travels up to 30 - 40% of the time. International travel required
- Proven leadership skills, ability to coordinate and motivate staff towards a common goal. Must take ownership of objectives and hold self-accountable.
- Ability to develop, communicates, and drives the execution of strategies/initiatives through the entire sales cycle, as well as at all levels of the organization.
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communication, coaching, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Service-oriented and client-centric mindset. Professional; high standards in personal presentations
- Ability to network and engage the commitment of others. Troubleshooter, problem solver
- MBA Business or Marketing
- Business Development/Sales - TIC Industry
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.