What a Physician Office Account Management Representative contributes to Cardinal Health:
The Account Management Representative for Non-Acute Care (Physician Office) is responsible for managing the success of the relationship with an assigned set of customers in order to achieve the goals and objectives identified by the customer and Cardinal Health. Responsible for long-term relationship building between the customer, Cardinal Health, and other professional organizations (Group Purchasing Organizations, etc). The complexity of the solution, product, or services offered is variable and can range from simple to moderately complex account matrix management.
- Coordinate internal & external resources to maintain the relationship, improve mutual profitability, & create intended value.
- Develop a cross-functional account plan with product specialists, strategic accounts, & hospital account managers to drive growth & achieve profitability goals in assigned accounts
- Communicate & drive implementation of account plan within assigned accounts
- Prepare bids, price quotes, RFP responses, & presentations for assigned products
- Lead conversion of newly sold assigned products
- Assist local branches with setup, training & processing of initial order
- Maintain relationships with purchasers of current products to preserve existing business
- Establish & nurture client relationship to expand supply chain support across existing customer’s strategic needs.
- Ensure resolution of distribution service issues by members of the customer service team
What is expected of you and others at this level for functional success:
- Ensure appropriate penetration of Cardinal Health products into the ambulatory office channel; identify & qualify new revenue opportunities; develop plans for introducing new solutions.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of customer relationship management, sales, & operations functions
- Serve as the customer’s primary point of contact for non-acute problem resolution & project identification
- Interact with subordinates, peer customers & suppliers at various management levels, including interactions with senior management
- Gain consensus from various internal and external stakeholders
- Participate in the development of policies & procedures to achieve goals, specifically regarding standardization of customer price, product & process efficiencies.
- Responsible for identifying, quantifying, qualifying & tracking customer pain points.
- Proactively manage fill-rate performance by leading physician offices to develop list of pre-approved substitutes for high usage items.
- Bring forward recommendations on rightsizing of localized inventory, as well as par-level adjustment opportunities based on seasonality & historical usage.
Education & Professional Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 2 years B2B of work experience (i.e. sales, sales support or related experience)
- Account development with experience accessing & developing relationships with key decision-makers & influencers
Qualifications & Attributes:
- Documented history of sales quota attainment/exceeding sales goals (2+ Years)
- Documented history of exceeding customer expectations
- Ability to present and sell multiple product lines
- Ability to understand complex contracting & develop sound financial business case
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, extreme attention to detail, & ability to prioritize
- Knowledge of physician office market preferred
- Proficiency in digital applications and remote selling technologies (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce.com.)
- Strong verbal, written & interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to travel domestically and within region including overnight stays up to one week in duration (15-20%)
- Thinks & acts strategically
- Has an enterprise perspective
- Is aspirational & confident
- Has personal courage and is resilient
- Willing to roll up their sleeves
- Focused on getting the right things done
Chicago Metro Area
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.