Cardinal Health has an immediate opening for a Specialty Sales Representative covering Vascular, Disposable Lead Wires, Electrodes and Nutritional Insufficiency products.
This highly visible position, reporting directly to the Region Manager, is responsible for meeting and exceeding sales goals by advancing high quality medical solutions utilizing a solution based concept sell to the acute Care marketplace within the territory.
- Responsible for driving sales and achieving sales goals across assigned product categories within assigned geography
- Identify, qualify, prepare, and execute effective sales strategies that maintain the existing base of business and support the close of competitive and revenue growth opportunities.
- Lead territory opportunity development and activities that translate to accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual projections.
- Effectively utilize and update sales tools to accurately address trends in existing base of business, create call strategies, and to manage territory and strategic business plans
- Master all products and applications by demonstrating ongoing competency.
- Maintain and increase sales volume within assigned accounts and territory.
- Coordinate and collaborate with regionally aligned field sales and clinical teams to drive incremental PR revenue and achieve target sales goals
- Identify new business opportunities, generate leads, close new business and convert accounts from competitor products.
- Drive sense of urgency in accounts to shorten purchase timelines.
- Present proposals, negotiate pricing and effectively differentiate Cardinal Health product offerings.
- Build consultative relationships with clinicians, supply chain partners and end users. Maintain positive working relationships with Distribution and GPO partners.
- Complete all administrative requirements in a timely and comprehensive manner (expenses, compliance, salesforce.com, as directed)
- In-service accounts by demonstrating product applications, functionality and use –often on night and weekend shifts.
- Participate in sales meetings, training programs, conventions, and trade shows as directed.
- Maintain required activity level – following established guidelines for number of calls / day, # products presented /account, and # contacts/account.
- Assist customers with backorders and other related service issues.
- Responsible for meeting and maintaining the requirements of all key vendor credentialing entities.
- Maintain knowledge of the current industry / competitive landscape including, GPO’s, healthcare economics, reimbursement, competitors and competitive products etc.
- Foster productive relationships with Marketing, Customer Service, and other key internal stakeholder groups.
- Resolve customer complaints in accordance with Company policy, and advises sales management promptly of any situation beyond the Sales Representative’s authority.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred)
- Minimum of two years of documented outside sales success in a competitive, sophisticated environment (complex capital or tangible products including medical/surgical, copiers, payroll solutions, information systems)
- Medical Device industry experience preferred
- Key account development with experience accessing and developing key hospital decision-makers and influencers
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to travel domestically and within region often involving overnight stays and stays up to one week in duration
PREFERRED SKILLS /QUALIFICATIONS:
- Documented history of sales quota attainment/exceeding sales goals (2+ Years)
- Documented history of exceeding customer expectations
- Knowledge of hospital acute market
- Ability to understand complex contracting and develop sound financial business case
- Strong computer acumen and business application
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Detroit Metro Area
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.