Account Manager Strategic Pursuits
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Working within the Process Automation Energy Industries, the Account Manager develops, implements and updates the account strategy for Energy Solutions in Houston, Texas from the customer’s perspective.
Reporting to the Vice President of Sales, you will act as the primary point of contact between assigned accounts/Pursuits and ABB Energy. Assigned accounts will be comprised of customers and prospects from the Power, Water, Chemicals, Refining, Oil & Gas and Pharmaceutical markets. This role serves as a business driver for sales activities relating to ABB’s Automation, Electrical and Telecommunications Service and Systems Business. The role will address all of the various customer segments (end-user plant sites, end user corporate centers, EPCs and engineering firms, Channel Partners). You will be responsibility for selling to existing customers and to grow his/her installed base of customers by prospecting the assigned territory for conversion opportunities.
- Accountable to meet or exceed sales targets for the assigned territory.
- Develop and maintain good, trusting relationships within the engineering, maintenance, operations and executive groups of their assigned customers.
- Consult with customers regarding their near and long-term operational objectives and the health/effectiveness of their control systems to promote how ABB products, services, and system offerings can improve their plant.
- Be recognized as the biggest advocate for your customers within ABB. This includes promoting ideas and escalating resolution of issues that will result in higher customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Develop, execute and drive capture strategies for opportunity-specific sales pursuits. Achieve input and buy-in from Sales and Business Line Management. Support the proposal development process by communicating strategies and key customer issues, and by being responsive to the proposal team.
- Maintain an accurate sales forecast and customer engagement/visit reporting within SFDC.
- Understand the organizational, cultural, and competitive landscape of your customers well enough to know our strengths and weaknesses and be able to anticipate opportunities and threats to our business. Be able to summarize this overall account picture to Management.
- Work with other ABB Business Lines to uncover broader system and services offerings.
- Assist Sales Management and other BU Team Members in preparing the necessary information (MS-Power Point slides, MS-Excel spreadsheets, etc.) to support meetings with customers and BU Management.
- Contribute to and fully utilize ABB Branding, Global Marketing and Local Marketing Initiatives.
- Bachelors degree is required.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Direct to End Customer sales or service is required, or 5 or more years of experience with ABB.
- An Engineering degree is preferred.
- Practical understanding of the control system market and what customers desire from a control systems vendor supplying state of the art technology and services.
- Distributed control system (DCS) or high-end distributed PLC/Human Machine Interface (HMI) sales or service experience or equivalent.
- Relevant Industry experience.
- A willingness to be on the road visiting customers at least 60% of the time.
- US Citizen or work authorization to perform work within the US is required.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Disability insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB Energy Industries is enabling safe, smart and sustainable projects and operations for businesses across the oil, gas, chemicals, life sciences, power generation and water sectors. Driving integrated solutions that automate, digitalize and electrify industry we connect our people and technology to help our customers adapt and succeed. With over 50 years domain expertise, we continue to innovate and reshape traditional approaches across the energy sector with our technologies designed to improve operational efficiency, reduce risk, reduce energy consumption and waste.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.