Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The ABB's Process Industries team engineers and delivers automation solutions from device to monitoring and control, ensuring our customers get the most out of their investment. Our digitalization solutions help improve plant and enterprise productivity, while reducing maintenance and energy costs. Deep domain knowledge enables us to truly understand and address the challenges and opportunities of Industrial Automation.
For our Marketing, Sales and Product Management team, understanding the full potential of our technology and the trends in our markets is highly rewarding. In addition, helping customers all over the world improve efficiency, save resources and reduce emissions gives our work a powerful sense of purpose.
This role reports to NAM Industry Manager-Growth Industries. As an Account Manager, you will be working with a significant knowledge of engineering principles, metallurgy, sales and marketing strategies and overall business acumen. In-depth knowledge in steelmaking with emphasis on continuous casting and/or Electric Arc Furnace (EAF) steelmaking is a must.
- Manage sales of Metallurgy products in assigned region with responsibility for sales targets at budgeted levels and margins.
- In conjunction with Management and other Metallurgy team members implement sales and marketing strategies for sales.
- Provide technical product support, metallurgical and engineering expertise to customers and team members.
- Advise management, project and engineering departments of technical issues, potential solutions, or product enhancements to protect and grow the business.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities and strategic plans to maintain ABB Metallurgy´s competitive advantage and ensure long term growth and profitability.
- Heavy customer interaction with specific focus on technical sales and support across the region.
- Responsible for the attainment of company goals such as sales, budget and profit margins.
- Regularly interact with customers, metallurgy team members and industry contacts to support the existing business strategies and identify potential sales opportunities.
- Prepare and present all needed documentation for customer proposal.
- Prepare and present the metallurgy products detailed presentation to customers/Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’S).
- Prepare and monitor sales budget, forecasts and market analysis.
- Liaise with ABB colleagues in assigned region.
- Liaise with project and design team during the project execution to ensure meeting customer expectations.
- Frequently compile competitor’s information on the products.
- Must be able to excel in a diverse, multi-country environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required and minimum 8 years of technical experience required.
- Focus on Metallurgical is preferred.
- Master’s degree preferred
- 5 years in the metals industry working with the metallurgy products directly related to the Steel and Aluminum Industry is preferred.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.