Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB’s Electrification business is a leading provider of a full range of protection, control and measurement solutions - enabling safer and smarter electricity flow from substation to the point of consumption. We deliver products and systems designed to connect, protect and control electrical systems, ensuring reliability, efficiency and safety for equipment and personnel.
For our Marketing, Sales and Product Management team, understanding the full potential of our technology and the trends in our markets is highly rewarding. In addition, helping customers all over the world improve efficiency, save resources and reduce emissions gives our work a powerful sense of purpose.
This role reports to ELIP DSM and is located at Westerville, Ohio. As an Account Manager, you will be responsible to Develop, implement and manage the account(s) strategy focused on growth, profitability and customer satisfaction. Coordinate the sales activities and manage resolution of specific customer problems. Demand creation at Channel, converting new business and support every day business in market.
- Account strategies: Participates in the development of sales strategies for accounts by providing the customer’s current business and long-term plans for retail accounts as well as strategic accounts with significant potential.
- Sales targets: Defines and proposes sales targets and growth margins for the account and ensures their achievement with a structured follow up process.
- Account plan: Leads the development and implementation of the account plan to include designing the executive relationship strategy and coverage plans.
- Prioritizing the opportunities, identifying a target for each solution element and proposes recovery plans in case of potential order shortfalls.
- Customer relations: Establishes and develops account relationships based on a defined strategy.
- Acts as focal point for problem resolution and monitors customer claims, Plans, facilitates and conducts customer negotiations.
- Customer knowledge: Develops, maintains and shares detailed knowledge of the customer’s business strategy, purchasing behavior, organization, decision-makers, customer business drivers, economic trends and competition.
- Volume and profit: Sell products/solutions/services to customers, focusing on volume, mix and profitability targets for assigned Business Unit.
- Market activity: Monitors competitors’ activity with each account and ensures that appropriate response strategies are formulated and implemented.
- Sales: Creates added value for the customer and ABB by ensuring a coordinated sales approach (e.g. frame agreements).
- Communicates details in accordance with ABB supply, offering and strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or Industrial Distribution (advances degree desirable) with minimum 7 years of related experience.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States.
- Exceptional analytical, Sales, communication and leadership skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.