Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB’s Electrification business is a leading provider of a full range of protection, control and measurement solutions - enabling safer and smarter electricity flow from substation to the point of consumption. We deliver products and systems designed to connect, protect and control electrical systems, ensuring reliability, efficiency and safety for equipment and personnel.
One of the reasons for ABB’s success is our rigorous and forward thinking Finance function. With more than 3,600 people in over 100 countries, the integrated Finance organization delivers the insights we need to make successful, long-term business decisions.
This role reports to C and I District Sales Manager South and is located at Phoenix, Arizona.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with assigned electrical contractors at all levels of their organizations.
- Plan and implement sales strategies to maximize market share and margin, motivate Electrical Contractors to prefer ABB Industrial Solutions over the competition.
- Educate customer base about differentiating products with technical presentations etc.
- Generate cross-selling leads and make it easier to do business with ABB Industrial Solutions.
- Identify and track upcoming sales opportunities and influence customer specifications to favor ABB.
- Conduct technical presentations to create preference for ABB.
- Introduce new products to existing customer base and identify target customers.
- Meet or exceed assigned volume and margin measurements.
- Perform take-off's and develop cost effective proposals from project plans and specs and negotiate and secure project orders, provide value engineering suggestions, provide full packages to differentiate from competition utilizing full product breadth such as UPS, Paralleling switchgear, ATS (Automatic Transfer Switch) etc.
- Understand market pricing and utilize to successfully close opportunities.
- Provide market feedback, competitive intelligence and hit-rate information to business and sales leadership.
- Track sales leads, wins and losses in CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system (Salesforce), perform analysis on hit-rate data.
- Create customer marketing programs (NPI launch, training) to promote ABB products and services.
- Mine construction data (Dodge, bid board) to identify key trends in marketplace and new product needs.
- Identify new customers and create customer profiles to understand ABB’s position.
- Participate in industry and local construction organizations to build relationships.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college with minimum 5 years of sales experience.
- Ability and willingness to possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States.
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical industry and ABB products.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Experience working with electrical contractors.
- Strong technical application, take-off and proposal development skills.
- Customer-focused mindset with proven ability to respond quickly to customer needs.
- Strong coordination and influencing skills.
- Knowledge of customer financial drivers / needs.
- Ability to apply Six Sigma to improve customer satisfaction.
- Ability to utilize analytical software and sales tools.
- Strong oral, written communication skills and presentation skills.
- Commercial Leadership Program (CLP) Graduate (ABB Employees only).
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering would be preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering would be preferred.
- Six Sigma or equivalent Quality training.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.