Barnes Group Inc. – Force and Motion Control – Industrial has an exciting career opportunity for a Senior Accountant at the Maumee OH facility, who will play an integral role in driving and supporting our business goals and objectives for profitable, sustainable growth. If you are a high-energy individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment. This position is responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate, timely financial reports and statements, and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures. This position is also responsible for designing, maintaining and detecting sound internal controls, the management of balance sheet accounts, treasury activity reporting including income and foreign exchange recognition, and for directing the work of others.
- Responsible for monthly financial closing and the provision of all related financial reporting for the division in accordance with GAAP.
- Maintain accuracy of the general ledger and prepare balance sheet reconciliations and facilitate clearing un-reconciled items properly according to internal policies.
- Direct responsibility for review of systems submission.
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met (monthly, quarterly, and annually).
- Leads, develops and motivates other finance/accounting professionals to support company initiatives, including providing regular feedback.
- Assist in preparing the annual financial plans and ensuring SOX 404 compliance.
- Responsible for the safeguarding and control of company assets.
- Understand and ensure customer specific requirements are met.
- Assist in development and maintenance of internal controls and control systems.
- Responsible for the monthly, quarterly and annual tax calculations.
- Leverage understanding of key business fundamentals to drive financial health and improve operating efficiencies and profitability.
- Act as consultant to the various functional areas of the locations regarding financial issues, analysis business planning, etc.
- Backup financial and accounting functions, as directed.
- Acts in accordance to Barnes Group Code of Ethics and Values
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and impeccable integrity.
- Superb leadership and technical accounting skills to coach, train, and motivate the accounting team as a valued resource to the organization.
- Strong project management skills and a record of delivering results in connection with business improvement and cost reduction initiatives.
- Excellent working knowledge of US GAAP and SOX compliance is required; familiarity with local, federal and international taxes preferred.
- Strong analytical skills; must be able to make recommendations based on financial data analysis.
- Strong PC aptitude in a Windows environment required; specifically, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, Power Point) and financial software.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to lead cross-functional teams on projects; Spanish Language skills are a plus.
- Ability to interact effectively with management, team, peers, cross-functional teams and business partners
- Must demonstrate an ability to work independently and be both detail and project oriented.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance; advanced degree a plus.
- CPA preferred
Required Length & Type of Experience:
- Minimum of five years of accounting experience
- Managerial Experience Preferred
- Experience designing, maintaining and detecting sound internal controls preferred; experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)