Reports to the System Director of Tax / Tax Managers, and is responsible for performing a variety of tax compliance and consulting functions for numerous entities, across multiple tax types and for multiple jurisdictions, in accordance with general policies and procedures of the Accounting Department.
- Responsible for preparation of federal, state and local tax-exempt and for-profit tax returns and related filings.
- Provide primary support for System Director of Tax / Tax Managers in tax compliance and consulting matters.
- Assist in the annual ASC740 (FIN48) process of information gathering and analysis, and work with the outside auditors during their analysis.
- Ability to engage peers and other appropriate individuals in gathering required information.
- Provide assistance to general accounting with the monthly close process.
- Provide back-up for other individuals in Tax Department, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by System Director of Tax / Tax Managers.
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Strongly prefer at least 2 years of prior experience in a CPA firm environment, in a tax role.
- Tax compliance and/or consulting experience -- particularly in regard to tax-exempt and/or taxable corporate entities (Form 990 and/or Form 1120 experience.) Prior experience preparing Form 990, in particular, is a plus.
- Ability to analyze, research and interpret tax issues, document and communicate findings.
- Must be self-motivated, capable of taking initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing priorities, and effectively manage deadlines.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and have strong rapport with the executive team, colleagues, and subordinates.
- Strong communication skills with internal and external customer base.
- Solid business acumen.
- Previous work experience demonstrating knowledge of general policies and procedures followed in an accounting/tax department.
- Experience with Thomson Reuters tax software products (GoSystem, InSource, OneSource, etc.) is a plus.
- CPA preferred