Ledgent Finance & Accounting is looking for an Accounting Assistant to be the right hand player to the CFO of a reputable real estate company! This position will also support the accounts payable process for the organization ensuring timely distribution of disbursements. In addition, this position is responsible for maintaining the e-File data base for front-line accounting services includes accounts payable, accounts receivable and financial reporting as well as permanent and "in-house' filing for these functions. The assistant will provide back-up support for accounts payable processing as needed and will provide limited administrative support to the department as directed.
Essential Position Qualifications
- Some college (minimum), bachelor's degree preferred but not required
- 1-2 years of experience in specific administrative support or clerical accounting capacity
- Ability to perform detail oriented work
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient in Excel and perform pivot tables, VLOOKUPs, and other tech savvy features
- Intermediate to advanced level abilities with Microsoft Office and Adobe products
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Ability to effectively communicate, understand instructions, and follow directions
- Ability to use discretion as work may involve handling sensitive and confidential information
- Yardi Voyager experience a plus, but not required
- Ensure timely disbursement of accounts payable checks within the parameters of standardized processing, including electronic retention of disbursements and supporting documentation in alignment with organizational retention guidelines.
- Ensure bank deposits and supporting documentation are electronically filed within the parameters of standardized processing in alignment with retention guidelines of the organization.
- Ensure timely electronic retention of supporting accounting documentation and work papers within the parameters of standardized processing in alignment with retention guidelines of the organization.
- Serve as back-up to accounts payable as needed and specifically in the absence of an accounts payable coordinator.
- Maintain ongoing filing of permanent and "in-house' documents for accounts payable, accounts receivable and financial reporting in accordance with record retention policy.
- Provide limited administrative support to the department as directed, specifically in the absence of the administrative assistant.
- Other duties as assigned
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.