At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking an Accounting Clerk who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional, secure setting.
Who We Are:
CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality, security corrections and detention management services, providing effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success after release. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70 secured facilities nationwide, CoreCivic security employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- A supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
The Accounting Clerk performs calculations, verifies and posts financial data, and maintains accounting records of financial transactions. Prepares reports, correspondence, and assists in conducting inventory.
- Utilizes and maintains working knowledge of applicable accounting methods and procedures that are in keeping with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and company and partnership policies and procedures, while performing duties and maintaining documents and records.
- Verifies and posts business transactions, such as checks (registers), purchase orders, accounts payable and other types of expenditures or receipts, to the appropriate account. Assists with or completes weekly/monthly documentation and reporting in a timely manner.
- Assists with or prepares accounts payable packages, accounts payable accruals, check requests, petty cash reimbursements and bank reconciliations accurately/timely and in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Processes various transactions for inmate/resident accounts to include, deposits, withdrawals, charges/fees, release of funds or transfer of funds, in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Assists with conducting inventory and preparing reports for commissary and other operational endeavors.
- Prepares and accurately maintains a variety of standard operating records and reports, including those required by management, partnership agency and/or government regulations.
- Accurately inputs and edits numeric and alphanumeric data, to include checks, statements, reports and other records. Produces finished documents/reports efficiently, using applications software programs; copies, compiles and distributes as necessary.
This position has a pay rate of $14.00
2021 CoreCivic Benefits Overview (Safety non-SCA facilities)
- High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is required.
- Two years of experience in Business, Accounting or a closely related field is required.
- Additional qualifying education in Business or Accounting may be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Must demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel or other spreadsheet or accounting software.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum Age Requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including Disability/Veteran.