We are seeking a Manager, Accounting to join American Tower’s U.S. Tower division’s Accounting – Interface team. The Accounting – Interface team acts as a liaison between various groups in the Finance department and our global business shared-service (“GBS”) center. Day to day you will manage a team that interacts with the GBS center teams. This includes understanding any operational changes, new contracts, and business activities and providing periodic updates on these topics to the GBS center. Additionally, you will monitor, review, and accept various deliverables from the GBS Center which facilitate the financial statement close and internal control compliance requirements. As a Manager, Accounting you will partner cross-functionally to ensure that implications of new lease agreements are understood and accounting procedures are implemented in compliance with financial reporting needs.
Our Core Principles are the foundation of our culture, and we’re focused on achieving continued success by thinking long-term, leading with values, and creating value with decisions. Come grow your career with us!
What You Can Offer Us
- Work with key stakeholders to identify, research and report on agreements and transactions and expected accounting treatment to the GBS Center.
- Develop, monitor, and review deliverables between the GBS center and the US Division, ensuring that they are thorough, timely, and comply with U.S. GAAP and accounting policies.
- Lead the monthly accounting close process for GBS-related activities; research and report on any variances from budget, forecast, or business expectations.
- Ensure compliance with internal control policies and procedures related to GBS Center and Interface team activities.
- Drive accounting close and reporting improvements and efficiencies.
- As a Manager, Accounting you are responsible for the recruitment, performance management and career development of Senior and Staff Accountants. You’ll also be expected to cultivate a collaborative team dynamic that enables us to meet our business objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or Master’s in Accountancy preferred.
- CPA strongly preferred.
- At least 4 years of public accounting experience, including 2 years in a supervisory or leadership capacity, required.
- Lease accounting experience strongly preferred.
- Oracle or similar enterprise resource planning with lease administration experience a plus.
- Approximately 10% travel may be required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
- Strong organization, planning, and project management skills; ability to prioritize tasks for self and team to meet requirements and deadlines.
- Ability to work with different functional groups and levels of employees to effectively and professionally achieve results.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to drive and motivate team to achieve results.
American Tower is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee based on age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.