Our Finance team serves as a critical business partner responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management. Within Finance, Hilton Accounting and Finance Services (HAFS) manages the finance and accounting functions, both on property and at Corporate, allowing us to develop scalable, global financial processes. Our finance Centers of Excellence provides Hilton Team Members the chance for challenging career growth across a wide spectrum of critical financial functions.
What will I be doing?
Hilton's Corporate 2019 - 2020 Internship Program will offer current college students the unusual opportunity to gain real world experience in our Memphis, TN corporate location. As an Intern participating in this program, you will work directly with the leaders in our corporate department. The work experience will be highlighted by learning opportunities provided by senior leadership with practical learning sessions tailored to the business leaders of tomorrow. The internship will be part-time approximately twenty (20) hours for approximately thirteen (13) months.
- Assist with and complete journal entries.
- Perform research and analysis of general ledger accounts.
- Assist with account reconciliations.
- Assist with/or complete month end reports.
- Perform some ad-hoc reporting, project specific analysis, and administrative tasks, including filing, obtaining invoice copies and similar duties.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Strong customer service and communication skills (verbal, written), while engaging in diplomacy with high-level executives within the organization on a global scale
- Well organized and able to manage several assignments at once
- Problem solver, who can resolve issues effectively and creatively while maintaining a high level of flexibility, professionalism and integrity. This includes demonstrating an aptitude for effectively addressing any issue while collaborating with others
- Dedicated self-starter with a work attitude that exhibits flexibility, drive, good judgment and dependability
- Critical thinking and both quantitative and qualitative analytic skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to creatively identify the strengths/weaknesses of alternative and differentiated solutions, conclusions or approaches to hard problems
- Creative thinker, who works seamlessly
- Display a positive attitude, loves to get involved and help, and wants to learn
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Junior or Senior, currently enrolled in a four-year college degree program, pursuing a major in Accounting and/or Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Basic Microsoft Excel
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Basic Microsoft Access skills
- Completed Intermediate Accounting
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!