MV Transportation is seeking an Accounting Supervisor who will ensure the accuracy and completion of all accounts payable and receivable processes, to ensure accurate client invoicing and collections, and to ensure the accuracy of payroll and all other local financial obligations.
- Submit appropriate paperwork and documentation for payroll exceptions and bonuses.
- Prepare accounts payable invoices for Manager approval and payment from Corporate office in a timely manner ensuring the accuracy of account charges as well as the timely payment of vendors.
- Prepare client invoices in a timely manner to ensure appropriate posting to general ledger.
- Assist corporate office with account collections for client accounts. Prepare appropriate credit/debit memos to ensure accuracy accounts receivable balances.
- Submit all employee benefit applications and ensure the appropriate payroll deductions take place.
- Update and maintain vendor and supplier files.
- Act as guardian of petty cash fund, and submit regular petty cash reimbursement requests and expense reimbursement requests as necessary.
- Perform frequent reconciliations of petty cash, accounting for all expenses, receipts, and money assigned to the division.
- Keep track of employee's vacation, and sick hours.
- Provide assistance to employees requiring wage and hour data reported to local agencies including housing and social services.
- Submit all necessary paperwork and documentation for new hires and employee terminations.
- Provide purchasing assistance to local management staff.
- Ensure ample stores of necessary items including office supplies and computer equipment.
- Assist Payroll Clerk to ensuring accurate pay for all employees - including pay rates, bonuses and allowances, and paid leave - and assist with discrepancies as needed.
- Assist with other reporting as required by our client, General Manager, and the local management team.
- Run and investigate daily, weekly, and monthly reports required by the client and General Manager.
- High School diploma or equivalent, some college or accounting experience preferred depending on location and overall project budget.
- Five (5) years payroll processing or accounting background preferred.
- Accounting basics.
- Payroll and data entry processing.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office package including word processing and spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to communicate effectively on all levels.
During the course of employment, employees may receive and have access to confidential information. All employees are expected to respect and maintain the confidentiality of non-public customer and business records and any other information that MV classifies as confidential.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.