Are you a motivated, analytical thinker with a penchant for calculating equations and is interested in bringing home the BACON?\u201d Then you should join us in growing one of America’s top 25 consumer packaged goods companies, Smithfield Foods!
The Finance/Accounting team is seeking out driven, detail-oriented professionals to exercise GAAP principles while preserving the superior financial standing of our $15B company. These personnel examine data for accurate pricing in Customer Finance, reconcile/manage invoices as an Accounting Coordinator, or scrutinize the company’s state/federal income tax data in Corporate Tax.
Performs wide variety of functions related to Accounts Payable. Responsibilities include vendor invoice entry, payment processing in SAP environment and resolution of payment issues with the Vendors. The Accounts Payable Coordinator also assists in Employees Expense Processing via Concur and assists the Accounts Payable Supervisor with month-end close activities.Core Responsibilities
- Reviews all Non-PO invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Processes 3-way PO matching invoices for timely payments. Routes invoice for approval and processing if required.
- Communicates with inventory and purchasing departments to resolve Pricing and quantity issues for PO invoices.
- Prioritizes invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms.
- Processes check requests.
- Communicates with Vendors by phone and e-mail to resolve invoice issues.
- Processes month end accrual of unpaid regular monthly payments (rent, utilities, etc.).
- Assists with month-end closing activities \u2013 preparing journal entries.
- Assists in Internal and External audit requirements.
- Assists in Employees' Expense processing (Concur).
- Maintains files and documentation in accordance with the company document retention policy, includes filing invoices, arranges batches for scanning and prepares boxes for off-site storage.
- Shares department responsibilities of sorting and distributing incoming mail, multiple A/P Corporate mailboxes and phone lines.
- Helps with vendor set up/change in vendor information (request w9/1099 information from new vendors).
- Assists with special projects, as needed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 2+ relevant experience; required.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Prior experience in a corporate Accounts Payable department, prefered.
- SAP and Esker experience, preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel & Word.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to plan, organizes, prioritize, and achieve effective time management.
- Solid work ethic with a high level of energy ( \u201croll-up-sleeves\u201d approach).
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits