We are looking for an account payable specialist #opentowork! Our client is offering a positive and inviting company culture, leadership who believes in mentorship, and a causal office setting. This position is in-office, traditional hours Monday-Friday, and offers fantastic benefits! Our client is ready to hire and actively interviewing.
Candidate MUST be Local in Florida! Local Candidates ONLY
Responsibilities of the Accounts Payable Specialist Job in Riviera Beach, FL include:
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by microfilming and filing documents.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred but not required.
- A minimum of 3 year of recent Accounts Payable experience; 3-way matching required.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, including MS Excel.
- Experience with large ERP system preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.