Are you a motivated, analytical thinker with a penchant for calculating equations and is interested in bringing home the BACON? Then you should join us in growing one of America’s top 25 consumer packaged goods companies, Smithfield Foods!
The Finance/Accounting team is seeking out driven, detail-oriented professionals to exercise GAAP principles while preserving the superior financial standing of our $15B company. These personnel examine data for accurate pricing in Customer Finance, reconcile/manage invoices as an Accounting Coordinator, or scrutinize the company’s state/federal income tax data in Corporate Tax.
The Accounts Payable (AP) Supervisor- Concur Administration is responsible for the daily oversight and full-cycle support associated with travel and entertainment expenses reimbursement. This position will interact directly with internal and external stakeholders and service providers to ensure compliance with our T&E policy and procedures. This position will work closely with the Accounting team to drive efficiency through auditing and training. The supervisor will also work closely with other departments to investigate reimbursement information and assist in resolving disputes. Much of the supervisor’s time will be spent processing expense reports and payment processing information, as well as working with stakeholders to resolve issues involving cards, expense reports and/or reimbursement issues.Core Responsibilities
- Manage Process for a New Company Credit Card Application
- Ensure proper review and Approval of Employees Expense Reports
- Ensure timely submission of Weekly Out of Pocket Expense Report for Payroll
- Run Mid-month and Month End US Bank Statements for Payment Processing
- Run and review 30-60 Days Notices in Concur for all Pending Transactions
- Work directly with HR and Payroll on Termed Employees Expense Reports and Credit Cards cancellation.
- Setting Up Delegates and Resetting Passwords
- Mid-Year and Year-End Reporting for Tax Purpose
- Process Monthly Concur Billing Invoice
- Resolve Concur and US Bank related emails and phone calls
- Assist manager with Internal and External audit
- Monitor credit card limits and issuing increases as needed
- Provide support in processing expense reports
- Research and resolve all payment issues and card inquires
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Accounting, Finance, or related field and 2+ years of Accounts Payable experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Experience acting as a lead by providing training, guidance or mentoring to less experienced staff or managing processes and projects, preferred.
- Prior CONCUR and SAP experience preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounts payable policies and procedures.
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and the ability to handle routine issues independently.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of and experience using Excel and Word.
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills.
- Strong teamwork ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong self-motivation and organization skills.
- Displays professionalism and integrity.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment
- Responsible for supervision of employees in the Accounts Payable department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits