If you wantto achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smartabout the business of health care. Financial discipline and accountabilitycount more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation willfind a reception here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier liveswhile doing your life's best work.(sm)
Thisposition prepares and edits medical claims for submission, both hard copy andelectronically, to various 3rd party payors and clearinghouses.
- Interact with customers gathering support data to ensure invoice accuracy and also work through specific billing discrepancies
- Provide input to policies, systems, methods, and procedures for the effective management and control of the premium billing function
- Educate customers regarding the availability of receiving invoices and remitting payments through online applications
- Monitor outstanding balances and take appropriate actions to ensure clients pay as billed
- Manage the preparation of invoices and complete reconciliation of billing with accounts receivables
- May also include quality assurance and audit of billing activities
- Resolve most questions and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels
You’ll be rewardedand recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge youand give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as wellas provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of recent Medical Billing experience within an office setting, with experience in charge entry, payment entry and AR follow-up
- Experience with and understanding of CPT, ICD-9 & ICD-10 coding
- Basic computer skills (i.e., MS office proficiency)
- Must be able to work in Vegas office
- High school education or equivalent experience
- Medicare and/or Medicaid billing experience
- 10 key proficiency
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Accounts Receivable, A / R, Medical Billing, Billing clerk, medical claims, Medicaid, Medicare, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada