SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
As the Accounts Receivable Clerk, you will be responsible for the day-to-day accounts receivable activities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Assist in preparing and issuing invoices to customers
- Responsible for collections i.e. sending monthly customer statements and communicating/following up with clients to minimize outstanding receivables and DSO (Days Sales Outstanding)
- Manage invoicing inquiries through Outlook via emails
- Process manual invoice requests & customer refunds and credit memos
- Assist in processing new customer credit applications and account setups.
- Process customer payments (credit card) & assist corporate with unapplied payments.
- Answer customer queries and concerns.
- Prepare and assemble any other financial or statistical information as required.
- Assist in Accounts Payable, as needed, including ordering, receiving, paying bills, reconciling p-cards, and vendor setups.
- Ensure quality and confidentiality of client and company information and take an active role in updating Quality System, especially regarding best accounting practices.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 3-5 years of experience required.
- 2+ years of Accounts Receivable experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Mathematical Skills: Intermediate level proficiency required for analyzing.
- Ability to multi-task and be highly organized.
- Strong collection, organizational & interpersonal skills; and the ability to meet deadlines and prioritize responsibilities.
- Being able to handle a high volume of adjustments, and be the point of contact between our clients and internal staff.
- Knowledge of basic accounting and the ability to organize and analyze data.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- Capable of paying great attention to detail.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Must be knowledgeable of Oracle Financial.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a callback. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.