- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Post and prepare bank deposits.
- Resolves collections by examining payment history, and credit line. Coordinates with the Accounting Manager and Controller.
- Carries out collections, and reporting activities for monthly credit meeting.
- Performs day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting, and recording accounts receivable data.
- Reconciles the bank composite report to ensure that all deposits are accounted for and properly posted.
- Prepares monthly statements and past-due notices.
- Maintaining records regarding payments and account status.
- Research and resolve account discrepancies.
- Process customer credit applications, trade, and bank references.
- Periodically evaluate customer's credit data to determine the degree of risk involved.
- Release orders and put customers on credit hold.
- HS diploma or GED/Some college - Accounting or Business Management emphasis
- 2 years' experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excede Software (preferred)
- Basic understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.