For over 80 years, Segal has been a leader in organizational and human resource consulting. Our clients are employers and plan sponsors of all sizes covering millions of employees in dozens of industries. As an independent privately and employee-owned firm, we have a relentless commitment to the success of our people, clients and company. Our mission is simple: We deliver trusted advice that improves lives. As a part of our team, you will work with colleagues who are smart, professional, experts and...nice. Headquartered in New York, Segal has offices throughout the US and in Canada. We believe that a collaborative and diverse workforce best meets the needs of our business and clients, so we offer competitive pay and benefits that attract the best in our field.
We are recruiting for an Actuarial Associate to join the NY Coporate Retirement Practice.
Our Actuarial Associates are integral in the delivery of a broad and diverse range of defined benefit actuarial services to multiemployer, public sector, and single employer clients. Our practice offers significant visibility, client interaction, ability to provide immediate contribution as an influential member of client service teams, and the opportunity to learn and develop broad expertise in the emerging areas of the retirement field. Changes in legislative requirements and emergence of innovative benefit designs provide significant opportunity and growth potential to those who seek challenges and enjoy learning.
The Actuarial Associates work independently and on teams, collaborating with consulting staff, peers, and others to provide actuarial expertise and consulting services to clients.
Key accountabilities include:
- completing valuation and actuarial projects using advanced analytical and problem-solving skills;
- providing technical guidance to and mentoring junior staff members to include over time, reviewing and checking their work for accuracy and completeness; and
- participating on special projects designed to address emerging and/or unique retirement issues posed by client organizations.
The ideal candidate must have:
- an undergraduate degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science or related discipline;
- completion of 1 or 2 actuarial exams with intent to attain actuarial credential(s);
- minimum of 0-4 years of related pension plan actuarial experience within a consulting and/or insurance company environment;
- knowledge of ERISA;
- demonstrated task and project management skills;
- strong detail orientation, and organizational and analytical skills with ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines; and
- excellent communication (verbal/written) and interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively with a diverse audience.
- Programming skills are a plus.
Affirmative Action/Diversity Inclusion at Segal:
At Segal, we are committed to a culture of diversity and inclusiveness, as demonstrated through our recruitment, retention and employee development programs. We maintain an environment that respects and builds on the assets and talents of each person, valuing their differences. We also engage in good faith efforts to maintain an environment free from discrimination and harassment in strict compliance with applicable laws, and consider all qualified candidates for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or medical condition, protected veteran or military status, criminal record history, marital status, or status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We also engage in affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals and protected veterans. Maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce is a win/win, and provides Segal with the opportunity to leverage our top talent to provide innovative solutions to our clients.