Healthcare isn’t just changing. It’s growing more complex every day. ICD - 10 Coding replaces ICD - 9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.SM
This function is responsible for billing, re-bills and follow up based on policies, systems, methods, and procedures for the effective management and control of Regulatory Operations functions. Monitor accounts that have been corrected for re-bill and take appropriate actions to ensure the accounts are follow up correctly and in a timely manner.
- Strong analytical skills with experience in pulling and analyzing data from hospital re-billing and related hospital information systems.
- To ensure accounts are followed up correctly and timely until resolution.
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and understanding of basic compliance concepts, principals and technical capabilities to performed varied tasks and projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Review and ensure all bills are correct or have been properly corrected prior re-billing.
- Review and accurately maintain the re-bills tracking log.
- Provide input to policies, systems, methods and procedures for the effective management and control of re-billing and follow up functions.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to develop practical and innovation solutions to a wide range of problems.
- Thoughtful problem solver who consistently treats others with dignity and respect.
- Works independently
- Ability to work 40 hrs a week within standard business hours (8am-5pm)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience in medical and / or acute health insurance billing and collections in a hospital or revenue cycle environment (excludes physician billing)
- 1+ years of previous experience working in a metric driven environment with department goals / quotas to meet on a daily / weekly / monthly basis
- 1+ years experience and knowledge working within HIPAA guidelines and compliance billing and collection requirements
- 1+ years of Experience in Medicare and government billing and systems, specifically using DDE, MRT, and Noridian
- Data Entry experience, including but not limited to areas such as inventory, claims, billing, internal systems, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel (general spreadsheet navigation) and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar)
Ability to participate with overtime projects as needed
- Knowledge of Acute Care billing and collections systems ie: MS4, Invision, Meditech, workflow management tools, Sorian, Claims Administration technologies
Experience with claims processing for multiple payers
- Ability to multi - task and to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
- Adaptable and flexible within a work environment
- Interpersonal communication skills - written and verbal communication with colleagues as well as business partners
- Ability to prioritize tasks with ease
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: billing, acute care, medicare, government billing, medical, healthcare, revenue cycle management, hospital billing, phone support, data entry