SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
In general, the Administrative Specialist is responsible for all regulatory compliance-driven documentation and record-keeping requirements in the Laboratory. He or she may also assist staff Analysts in the completion of their tasks. General duties essential to an orderly, efficient and prepared Analytical laboratory will also be applicable to this position. Overall, this position presents the employee with an opportunity to play a key internal and external customer service role in the company while simultaneously being exposed to the technical skills used in the field of pharmaceutical analysis.
This is a full-time, benefited position with the Life Science Services division of SGS North America, Inc. SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 80,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,650 offices and laboratories around the world.
• Field client phone calls in a friendly, polite, and ultimately professional manner.
• Direct all client inquiries to the appropriate technical personnel (or management).
• Answer client questions and/or respond to client requests for testing information in a prompt, efficient manner that cultivates trust and reliability.
• Greet visitors to the lab in a professional, courteous manner.
• Respond appropriately to all client requests for rush test results.
• Invoices for testing are processed according to client quotes and/or billing notes, standard pricing schedule, or pricing from departmental manager.
• Verify prices, print and send invoices by mail and/or email to clients for all testing performed at the laboratory.
Maintain a defined list of documentation, records and supplies in support of the Analytical Laboratory operation so that all reasonable client requests pertaining to the conduct of a given test are met in a timely and ultimately effective manner.
• Ensure that all client requests for information pertaining to analytical testing (or any of SGS other services) are provided directly to the client or passed on to appropriate company personnel in a timely and effective manner.
• Maintain Department records, documentation and supplies in a state of readiness so that routine testing submitted by clients can be completed within established parameters governing turnaround time and regulatory compliance expectations.
• Participation in departmental and/or company-wide projects designed to improve the nature of SGS client services.
SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES - INTERNAL CUSTOMERS
• Ensure that all reasonable requests from department management pertaining to laboratory testing administrative needs are met in a timely and effective manner.
• Ensure that Analysts working in the Analytical Services Laboratory receive administrative support they need to successfully complete their studies.
• Provide the Administrative Laboratory with appropriate notification of any special information regarding sample log-in, reporting, and billing activities.
• Provide support to the Analytical Laboratory by means of inventory, sample management and retains.
• Participate in Departmental or company-wide projects designed to improve the internal efficiency and overall quality of work performed at the laboratory.
• Participate in creating and maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork throughout the laboratory.
• Maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of all general SOPs pertaining to the Analytical Services Laboratory.
• Maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of GMP/GLP and ISO requirements as these pertain to work performed in the Analytical Services Laboratory.
• Performs standing assignments for daily, weekly and monthly documentation needs and laboratory systems audits.
• Adherence to relevant SGS SOPs governing policies for documentation control and control of laboratory standards, reagents, stability studies, validation studies, etc.
• Compliance with applicable SGS SOPs related to the handling of client complaints.
• Adherence to applicable SGS personnel policies regarding time clock, telephones, sick days, vacation days, etc.
• Participation in general staff training sessions as these are scheduled.
• Minimum twelve years general education ( or equivalent) required.
• Associates Degree in science field, preferred. Previous laboratory experience preferred.
• Able to work with computer software programs for preparation of control documentation and laboratory study protocols. Possesses good organizational skills.
• Takes initiative to meet documentation or record-keeping needs for non-routine tasks with minimal instruction.
• Must be able to convey complex ideas in easily understandable terms to both internal staff and clients.
• Language and communication skills adequate for daily communication regarding job priorities and deadlines required.
• Must be able to follow directions well. Good listening skills essential.
• Must be able to cooperate well with others and work as part of a team.
• Must be capable of working with persons from diverse backgrounds.
• Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities.
• Job requires mobile use of hands and arms. Must be capable of working at a desk or computer terminal for up to three hours at a time, and for up to eight hours on a given day.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.