Are you a Microsoft Word expert interested in producing high quality error-free documents that are core to business success? Segal wants to hear from you! We are currently searching for a savvy document specialist to help create and distribute the busy flow of our company26rsquo;s highly varied document products to our clients nationwide.
The work you will perform shall guarantee that our deliverables meet the highest quality standard our clients have come to expect while maintaining our internal protocols for Segal branding and quality control.
The successful candidate will be an energetic person, able to pivot and assist in various capacities when needed, work well under pressure while never sacrificing a critical eye for extreme detail. You will be interacting with numerous people across all aspects of our West Region offices.
The Document Specialist performs document control by creating, reviewing, or editing documents prior to them being sent to clients. These tasks are accomplished by: editing, formatting, creating, revising, and converting documents via various applications. This person will join a team-oriented group of colleagues responsible for providing excellent office support services in the San Francisco Office. The incumbent will have opportunities to learn about Segal26rsquo;s business systems and markets.
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Process requests using best practices and most efficient method;
- Create and/or revise work product using direct keyboard entry, scanner or electronic conversion methods of input;
- Spell check, proofread and/or cross-check documents to ensure accuracy and completeness;
- Convert documents to and from the standard format per request;
- Participate in ongoing training to develop and maintain necessary specialized and advanced skills required to support the document service26rsquo;s needs;
- Participate in departmental project teams; assist with various projects and initiatives as assigned;
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
- 3-5 years26rsquo; experience in a document production environment and/or administrative support experience;
- Associate26#39;s Degree, or equivalent technical knowledge/experience;
- Advanced knowledge of Document Management Systems, and Microsoft Office applications including, but not limited to: Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint;
- Project management skills and knowledge. Effective interpersonal and communication (oral/written) skills;
- Excellent skills in spelling, grammar, punctuation, sentence structure and proofreading;
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple assignments;
- Ability to take initiative and use good judgment to accomplish results;
- Ability to excel under pressure within established timeframe and provide quality work product;
- Interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management, staff and a variety of external entities including: clients and prospective clients of Segal;
- Flexibility to adapt to change
At Segal, we are committed to a culture of diversity and inclusiveness, as demonstrated through our recruitment, retention and employee development programs. We maintain an environment that respects and builds on the assets and talents of each person, valuing their differences. We also engage in good faith efforts to maintain an environment free from discrimination and harassment in strict compliance with applicable laws, and consider all qualified candidates for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or medical condition, protected veteran or military status, criminal record history, marital status, or status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We also engage in affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals and protected veterans. Maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce is a win/win, and provides Segal with the opportunity to leverage our top talent to provide innovative solutions to our clients. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.