SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing, and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Provides general office support for lab and field operations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Register client jobs, Process Lot Reports for laboratory tests and provide Lot Reports to customers
• Process Word Documents for job final certificates and provide final certificate to customers
• Handle daily communications via phone with customers as needed
• Order supplies for the branch
• Coordinate Accounts Payable and Shipping of Analytical Samples
• Provide weekly KPI updates for client jobs.
• Adhere to internal standards, policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High School/GED
• Minimum two (2) years of experience (provide further detail as necessary)
OR equivalent combination of education and experience
• Associate Degree in Office Procedures.
• 3 years of experience in office clerical duties (provide further detail as necessary).
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
- Computer skills (Microsoft Courses).
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
• Language Skills: English
• Mathematical Skills: Basic or intermediate preferred
• Reasoning Skills/Abilities: Intermediate to Advanced level required/preferred
• Computer Skills: Word, Excel/Oracle preferred.
• Driving skills: preferred for performing other duties.
• No travel required.
• Regular post office runs and/or pick up as needed
• This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.