The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to ensure the smooth operation of the office. Individuals that are successful in this role possess strong communication skills, high attention to detail, and can be relied upon for dependable and consistent work output. The Administrative Assistant is knowledgeable for agency's practices and work processes to provide clerical support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Performs varied and/or routine administrative duties for various programs; assists with the administrative duties including departmental policies and employee directory to ensure materials are up-to-date
* Schedule meetings and maintain meeting room schedules including coordination of set-ups including set-up of sound equipment, tables, chairs, materials, and refreshments as needed.
* Acts as Receptionist/Office Assistant for the office, handling all telephone calls/paging system and visitors with professionalism - includes answering inquiries of general nature from clients, visitors and staff and assisting them in a friendly, courteous and cooperative manner.
* Answers incoming telephone calls, screen callers regarding the purpose of the call, and transfer to the appropriate employee and/or department in a courteous and tactful manner.
* Gains sufficient information from the caller to direct them to the appropriate person or department.
* Welcomes visitors with a smile, determining nature of business and announcing visitors to appropriate employees/individuals. Answering questions about services and provide visitors and callers with requested information (i.e., company address, directions to the agency, company website, etc.).
Education and requirements:
- Minimum of 3 or more years administrative experience.
- Proficient in MS office, especially WORD.
- Previous retail experience is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Proper phone etiquette.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.