At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking an Administrative Clerk (PRN) who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional security setting.
Who We Are:
- CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality, secured corrections and detention management services, providing effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success after release.
- Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70 security facilities nationwide, CoreCivic security employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
The Administrative Clerk (PRN) provides clerical and administrative support for various departments.
They will perform varied and moderately complex typing, clerical functions and related general office duties that require independent judgment in the use of work methods and procedures.
- Produce finished documents efficiently using word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Independently edit documents making necessary corrections to include spelling and grammar.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of records in accordance with corporate and facility procedures.
- Oversee incoming and outgoing mail in accordance with applicable rules and regulations.
- Communicate effectively with staff, inmates and visitors; respond to verbal/written inquiries and requests.
This position has a pay rate of $12.322021 CoreCivic Benefits Overview (Safety non-SCA facilities)
- High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is required.
- Two years of experience in full-time clerical, or administrative office work is required.
- Additional qualifying education at an accredited college, business school or technical institute in office administration or a related field may be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis up to one year.
- Experience in Microsoft Office or other similar software applications is preferred.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 21 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including Disability/Veteran.