SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Assist General Manager with all administrative office duties
• Assist with facility Management
• Preparation and distribution of analytical reports to clients.
• Electronic and general filing of reports and documents.
• Address customer service related requests by clients.
• Sending of invoices and assisting with A/R collection efforts
• Assist General Manager with preparation of accounting reports
• Assist with procurement of supplies
• Assist with sample login as needed
• Prepare and schedule shipments of samples and documents sent via courier.
• Assist in QA activities, such as scanning and archiving of documents.
• Assist as needed in other administrative capacities.
• Assist in the operation and maintenance of Office Instrumentation (including scanner, photocopier etc…)
• At all times, adopt a safe behavior by exercising due regard for the health and safety of yourself, colleagues and clients, in line with the Company’s policies and procedures.
• Ensure full compliance with the Company’s Code of Integrity & Professional Conduct, and at all times adopt behaviour in accordance with SGS Equality & Diversity policy.
• Post secondary degree in an administrative field preferred, or equivalent of 5 years relevant work experience in administrative role
• Customer service experience preferred
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Must be proficient in using Microsoft Office software
• Must be highly organized and demonstrate the ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
• Must be able to read, understand, and follow SOP’s
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must demonstrate strong customer service skills
• Experience using Oracle would be an asset
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.