The Admitting Clerk is the first point of contact with patients. This skilled person is responsible for successfully completing processes such as the accurate collection and verification of the following:
- Patient demographic
- Insurance information
- Co-pays and deductibles
- Transferring of medical records
- Effectively resolve patient related issues and concerns
This is a Per Diem position. No set hours - schedule varies.
Responsible for the accurate collection of demographic and insurance information. Responsibility will also verify insurances. Co-pays and deductibles must be collected.
Education: - High School diploma or GED required. Experience/Skills:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize
- Knowledge and use of Electronic Medical/Health Records
- Medical office experience (preferred)
- Computer literacy
- Ability to 35 word per minute (desired