Cardinal Health has an immediate opening for an Advanced Technology Sales Specialist for our New Product Team selling Negative Pressure Wound Therapy, Advanced Wound Care, and advanced feeding tube placement (IRIS) products to the Acute Care hospital marketplace. This highly visible position, reporting directly to the Region Director, is responsible for meeting and exceeding sales goals by advancing high quality medical solutions utilizing a solution based sales model.
Territory: Arkansas, West Tennessee, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida Panhandle. ~75% travel depending on candidate location within territory.
Driving sales to achieve sales goals across assigned product categories within assigned geography through:
- Collaborating with regionally aligned account executives and product specialty reps to drive incremental revenue and achieve target sales goals within the context of overall account strategy
- Identifying, qualifying, preparing, and executing effective sales strategies that maintain the existing base of business, but are disproportionately focused on supporting the close of competitive and revenue growth opportunities
- Providing clinical expertise to supply chain partners and end users while maintaining positive working relationships with Distribution and GPO partners
- Developing mastery of all products and sales applications by demonstrating ongoing competency
- Presenting proposals, negotiating pricing and effectively differentiating product offerings
- Completing in-servicing that is beyond the scope of account executives or other specialty product reps on assigned products, including demonstrating product applications, functionality and use
- Assisting customers with backorders and other related service issues when they cannot be resolved by the customer service team or account executives
- Effectively utilizing and updating sales tools to accurately address trends in existing base of business, create call strategies, and to manage territory and strategic business plans, including
- Leading territory opportunity development and activities that translate to accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual projections.
- Completing all administrative requirements in a timely and comprehensive manner (expenses, compliance, salesforce.com, as directed)
- Maintaining and documenting required activity level – following established guidelines for number of calls / day, # products presented /account, and # contacts/account.
- Educating buyers and promoting Cardinal’s products through participation in sales meetings, training programs, conventions, and trade shows
- Demonstrating behaviors that enable effective selling of Cardinal products, including:
- Meeting and maintaining the requirements of all key vendor credentialing entities
- Maintaining knowledge of the current industry / competitive landscape including GPOs, healthcare economics, reimbursement, competitors and competitive products etc.
- Fostering productive relationships with Marketing, Customer Service, and other key internal stakeholder groups.
- Resolving customer complaints in accordance with Company policy, and advising sales management promptly of any situation beyond the Sales Representative’s authority.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of two years of documented outside sales success in a competitive, sophisticated environment (complex capital or tangible products including medical/surgical, copiers, payroll solutions, information systems)
- Key account development with experience accessing and developing key hospital decision-makers and influencers
- Medical Device industry experience preferred
- Documented history of sales quota attainment/exceeding sales goals (2+ Years)
- Documented history of exceeding customer expectations
- Knowledge of hospital acute market
- Ability to understand complex contracting and develop sound financial business case
- Strong computer acumen and business application
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Valid Driver's License required
- Ability to travel domestically and within region often involving overnight stays and stays up to one week in duration
What is expected of you and others at this level:
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.