What Data Analytics contributes to Cardinal Health
Data Analytics is responsible for understanding, preparing, processing and analyzing data to make the data valuable and useful for operational and/or decision making purposes. Data Analytics may need to team with either Business Intelligence, Advanced Analytics and Data Governance positions to create highly useful information.
- Uses knowledge of business objectives, strategies, and needs to identify opportunities where data can be leveraged to achieve the desired business benefits.
- Has an understanding of current data context, processes and availability, and how current data processes and existing data can be leveraged to achieve the desired benefits.
- Prepares and analyzes data. This can include: locating, profiling, cleansing, extracting, mapping, importing, transforming, validating or modeling.
- Applies query, data exploration and transformation, basic statistical methods and visualization techniques to create business insights or improve data quality.
- Performs validation and testing to confirm the accuracy of the information created.
- Interprets results of analyses, identifies trends and issues, and develops recommendations to support business objectives.
- Communicates complex information so that it is easy to understand and influences other to take action based on the useful information provided.
- Implements and maintains decision support or master data management solutions.
- Maintain and/or create analytics programs that support Medical Segment sourcing talent
- Build, optimize, and/or automate analytics solutions in support of the Med National Brand Sourcing and GMSC/ CAH Brands Sourcing organizations
- Partner with Global Sourcing teams on both large-scale and targeted sourcing initiatives to maximize sales and margin
- Access and aggregate large, raw data sets from multiple internal/external sources and transform into meaningful analyses, actionable insights, and practical information for decision-making
- Leverage a spectrum of analytics capabilities to deploy best solutions for use cases identified
- Represent Global Sourcing in Medical segment data initiatives/strategies
- Bachelors Degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years experience in related field preferred
- Experience developing creative and innovative analytical insights with high business value preferred
- Subject-matter expertise in self-service analytics tools (e.g., Alteryx), data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau), and Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact with personnel at all levels of technical ability and expertise
- Proven ability to solve complex problems in a fast-paced environment
- Experience developing presentations and presenting to senior management preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.