What Data Analytics contributes to Cardinal Health
Data Analytics is responsible for understanding, preparing, processing and analyzing data to make the data valuable and useful for operational and/or decision making purposes. Data Analytics may need to team with either Business Intelligence, Advanced Analytics and Data Governance positions to create highly useful information.
- Uses knowledge of business objectives, strategies, and needs to identify opportunities where data can be leveraged to achieve the desired business benefits.
- Has an understanding of current data context, processes and availability, and how current data processes and existing data can be leveraged to achieve the desired benefits.
- Prepares and analyzes data. This can include: locating, profiling, cleansing, extracting, mapping, importing, transforming, validating, budgeting, scorecarding, or modeling.
- Applies query, data exploration and transformation, basic statistical methods and visualization techniques to create business insights or improve data quality.
- Performs validation and testing to confirm the accuracy of the information created.
- Interprets results of analyses, identifies trends and issues, and develops recommendations to support business objectives.
- Ability to work with all levels of the business, including senior leadership, to gather requirements, provide alternatives, and interpret data into meaningful results.
- Communicates complex information so that it is easy to understand and influences others to take action based on the useful information provided.
- Implements and maintains decision support or master data management solutions.
- Has familiarity with IT shared services enabling partnership to move forward business objectives and initiatives.
Accountabilities in this role
- Support inside sales rep compensation process
- Support Tableau visualizations
- Responsible for SQL code development
- Support Data Lab for maintenance and construction
- Data support of Business Intelligence Unit
- Bachelors Degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years experience in related field preferred
- Alteryx & Tableau (desktop and server) proficiency required.
- Business Objects and SQL proficiency preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Has familiarity with database structure/ architecture
- Analytical tool skills preferred
- Experience developing creative and innovative analytical insights with high business value preferred
- Strong communication skills preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures (SOPs)
- Works on complex projects of large scope. Owns end to end development and solutioning with business and/or IT
- May be required to perform testing & provide feedback for future state business applications
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor/trainer to less experienced colleagues.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.