What Customer Profitability / Deal Management contributes to Cardinal Health
Customer Profitability & Deal Management is responsible for being objective and strategic financial partners to the sales organization, leading collaborative cross-functional efforts to drive informed decision-making regarding customer proposals and the corresponding profitability.
- Partners with Sales, Operations, Finance, and other key functions to create financial models for customer proposals, understand key drivers of profitability, and effectively communicate recommendations to senior management.
- Performs customer and product profitability analysis
- Identifies opportunities to drive revenue growth, increase profitability, and limit potential risk from future changes in business or product mix.
- Understands market dynamics and competitors. Conducts complex analyses, synthesizes and summarizes implications to business, influencing business partners using data and business understanding.
- Facilitates the deal approval process to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Identifies and executes upon process improvement opportunities. Demonstrates proficiency of technical tools and financial systems.
- Serves as an objective financial steward with an enterprise perspective, safeguarding the company's assets. Ensures strong controls are in place and the company's intellectual property is protected.
- Bachelors degree in business related field, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years experience in related field
Accountabilities in role
- Responsible for financial deal modeling of Medical contract renewals and new distribution opportunities
- Accountable for profitability and financial impact analysis related to the following customer offerings:
- Pricing changes
- Service / Delivery schedule changes
- ValueLink offering
- Demonstrate strong collaboration and communication skills across diverse work groups
- Ability to develop analytical models and support business in ad-hoc projects
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.