What Supplier Relations contributes to Cardinal Health
Supplier Relations is responsible for providing enhanced relationship management for suppliers that translates into exceptional customer service, including maximizing the supply chain, negotiation of distribution and preferred product agreements, and below the line revenue.
This Advisor will support the Medical Segment’s National Brand commercialization program or sales and marketing program (Performance Plus™). Performance Plus™ (P+) is defined as a collaborative selling platform that delivers channel performance for national brand suppliers by leveraging Cardinal Health’s sales and marketing organizations.
- Accountable for leading our deployment and execution within our hospital sales executive organization.
- Direct management of multiple sales regions and ownership of the relationship with the Regional Vice Presidents, Directors and Hospital Sales Executives (HSE’s) to drive portfolio awareness, opportunity / pipeline development, and reviewing performance to date. Host monthly calls with all sales individuals to review pipeline and influence sales acceleration
- Leverage sales tools like salesforce.com, opportunity reports, and scorecards to drive organization and ability to effectively communicate performance, opportunity and exceed growth goals.
- Support the planning of internal and external sales meetings (regional and national meetings), represent the program at such events.
- Responsible for managing key strategic supplier relationships as their sales and marketing liaison.
- Direct management of multiple supplier relationships, creating strategies and deployment tactics to optimize sales performance for the preferred supplier in our Cardinal Health channel and reviewing performance to growth targets via monthly tactical calls and quarterly business reviews.
- Produce traditional marketing collateral for sales hosting webinars and training's.
- Foster collaboration with our program management team to ensure development and continuous improvement of the tools, reports, and mechanisms to provide suppliers and sales teams with effective means to drive timely sales execution and report on overall performance.
- Interpret data and analytics with an ability to condense for easy digestion and communication.
- Utilize tools and available facts to create benefit/effort analysis that drive priorities.
- Develop strong relationships internally and externally to create program opportunities and exceed growth expectations.
- Develop compelling calls to action and persistently follow-up to drive supplier collaboration and sales growth.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience in sales, marketing and/or supplier management experience.
- Healthcare sales and marketing experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong problem solving skills.
- Experience in sales, account management, and/or marketing.
- Ability to interpret and organize data to create compelling cases to drive sales opportunities and create supplier business reviews that demonstrate success of program.
- Ability to work cross functionally and inclusively, having an aptitude for gaining alignment and influencing others to achieve a desired outcome.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.