What Strategic Pricing contributes to Cardinal Health
Strategic Pricing is responsible for developing, communicating and leading the execution of business strategy and customer profitability through pricing and value-capturing activities at both the strategic and tactical levels. Serves as an effective liaison with senior executive management, marketing, legal, finance, sales, and IT.
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience with pricing processes, systems, and controls and implements as necessary.
- Prepares, manipulates and extracts data and information from multiple internal and external sources and leverages to develop and execute pricing strategies
- Demonstrates knowledge of customer deal economics, financial modeling techniques, and related pricing strategies.
- Works effectively across functions such as IT, Marketing and Finance to design and implement new or enhancements to existing processes, systems, and tools.
- Communicates effectively across the organization regarding profitization opportunities and key pricing insights.
- Develops, communicates and monitors price recommendations and guardrails for deals and products by performing basic pricing analysis or leveraging and synthesizing advanced analytics of internal and external intelligence.
- Develops, implements and maintains pricing programs designed to enhance pricing margin.
- Bachelors degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years experience in related field
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.