What Strategic Pricing contributes to Cardinal Health
Strategic Pricing is responsible for developing, communicating and leading the execution of business strategy and customer profitability through pricing and value-capturing activities at both the strategic and tactical levels. Serves as an effective liaison with senior executive management, marketing, legal, finance, sales, and IT.
This role is both strategic and tactical and requires ability to shift mindset between the two levels of performance equally required. You will be an integral advisor to senior management and key collaborator with marketing, finance, sales, legal, and IT. This role will challenge you to understand a category / business strategy, perform the supportive data analysis, and craft and present insight and recommendations around price strategy. Objective is to ensure the pricing strategy is competitive but also aligned to our financial goals.
This role needs talent who has a passion to understand new business models, category strategy, while getting their hands into data analysis and analytics, and then be comfortable in presenting their thought process to all levels of business leadership. High exposure and high accountability should be expected.
- Build partnership and trust with Cardinal Product / Marketing Managers.
- Be comfortable and confident as their point of contact providing market pricing intelligence, pricing analytics and strategic pricing recommendations.
- Ability to understand product - category strategy, business models, financial goals, and pricing expectations.
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of pricing concepts & principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of pricing initiatives and ad-hoc analysis as needed to support business opportunities.
- Demonstrate ability, and enthusiasm, in data analysis and financial modeling, applying analytics and data visuals to extract insights and effectively draw applicable recommendations. Creativity is expected.
- Collaborate effectively across functions in Product Marketing, Finance, Brand Services and within our Strategic Pricing organization to design, execute and/or enhance processes and tools.
- Effectively communicates across the organization regarding profitability improvement opportunities and key pricing insights, while being comfortable when challenged.
- Engage all levels of leadership (Managers, Directors, and VPs) as a pricing subject matter expert as well as an influencer towards organizational needs and interests.
- Energetically contribute towards innovation and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrates ability to grasp pricing theory and economics, related pricing processes, systems and controls.
- Bachelors degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years experience in related field
- 4+ years’ experience in a FP&A, Pricing or any Analytical / Strategic role required
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to display quantitative information in tables, charts, power point presentations and other forms visual enhancements to the data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to propose actions, identify and illustrate opportunities, make recommendations and articulate financial impact of decisions to personnel at all levels of technical ability and expertise.
- Data management / manipulation skills – SQL / Data mining / Advanced Excel required; knowledge of Tableau, R, Python will be a plus.
- Solution oriented mindset driven by natural curiosity. Collaborative and creative drive.
- Strong self-discipline for accountability, accuracy, and client service.
- Confidence and comfort in ambiguity.
- Ability to effectively influence and advise at all levels of leadership (Manager to VP).
- Self-initiative with strong discipline to deadlines is a must.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.