Advisor, Strategic Sourcing Global Products
Global Sourcing is responsible for creating and managing diverse strategic supplier partnerships that drive enterprise value with innovation, best cost and competitive advantages that benefit customers, suppliers and patients. Develops and executes strategic plans by leveraging market intelligence, industry knowledge and cross-functional collaboration. Competitive advantage is created through supplier selection and management, contract negotiation, supply chain optimization and risk mitigation.
As an Advisor in Strategic Sourcing you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of Cardinal Brand products, spend and suppliers. You will develop and execute sourcing strategies to achieve best total value, sustainable productivity and high levels of quality and service aligned with cross-functional business objectives. You will work with business partners to understand customer and patient needs then effectively select suppliers, negotiate favorable contracts, and manage supplier performance and relationships. This will include understanding your portfolio risk profile and developing mitigation actions and plans. You will have the opportunity to participate in process development projects with cross-functional partners utilizing Lean Six Sigma principles.
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies with the support of cross functional teams by utilizing strong process and project management skills
- Develop and execute requests for proposals, information or quotes (RFx)
- Conduct global supplier discoveries and execute supplier due diligence
- Perform data analysis and utilize financial acumen to identify opportunities to leverage scale and drive cost savings.
- Establish collaborative environment with key suppliers and business partners to optimize supplier performance and innovation.
- Review contract requirements to negotiate critical terms and conditions in line with sourcing strategy.
- Supporting supplier selection and performance management by being familiar with manufacturing, quality and supply chain processes
- BA, BS, or equivalent experience in related field
- 2-4 years of experience in related field preferred
- Results oriented and strategic thinker
- Negotiation experience, preferred
- Project Management experience, preferred
- Knowledge/experience in global category management including technical product knowledge, cost drivers, related industry dynamics and market trends.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in project and process management in order to execute sourcing strategy with cross functional teams.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate effectively and interact with personnel at various levels of expertise on a global landscape.
- Demonstrated financial acumen with an ability to interpret data and analytics
- Solid presentation abilities, including proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of global sourcing concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects.
- Familiar with self-branded, national distribution and contract manufacturing agreements containing global pricing models.
- Works on medium to large scope sourcing initiatives and projects with varying degrees of complexity.
- Completes work independently and receives general guidance on new projects and initiatives.
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures.
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives.
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues.
- Travel 10-15%.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.