Function: Global Sourcing -- Global Sourcing is responsible for creating and managing diverse strategic supplier partnerships that drive enterprise value with innovation, best cost and competitive advantages that benefit customers, suppliers and patients. Develops and executes strategic plans by leveraging market intelligence, industry knowledge and cross-functional collaboration. Competitive advantage is created through supplier selection and management, contract negotiation, supply chain optimization and risk mitigation.
Family: Strategic Sourcing Global Products -- Strategic Sourcing Global Products is responsible for managing a portfolio of Cardinal Brand products, raw materials, spend and suppliers. Development and execution of global sourcing strategies to achieve best total value, sustainable productivity and high levels of quality and service aligned with business objectives. Process development and management in coordination with cross-functional partners to effectively select suppliers, negotiate favorable contracts, and manage supplier performance and relationships. Understand portfolio risk profile and develop mitigation actions and plans.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies for assigned categories
- Develop and execute requests for proposals, information or quotes (RFx)
- Conduct global supplier discoveries and execute supplier due diligence
- Perform data analysis and utilize financial acumen to identify opportunities to leverage scale and drive cost savings.
- Establish collaborative environment with key suppliers and business partners to optimize supplier performance and innovation.
- Review contract requirements to negotiate critical terms and conditions in line with sourcing strategy.
- Supporting supplier selection and performance management by being familiar with manufacturing, quality and supply chain processes
- Strong process and project management skills needed to execute sourcing strategies with the support of cross functional teams.
- Global expertise in category including technical product knowledge, cost drivers, related industry dynamics and market trends.
- BA, BS, or equivalent experience in related field
- 2-4 years of experience in related field
- High level of interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Results-oriented, strategic thinker, able to work in a team environment
- Negotiation experience, preferred
- Project management experience, preferred
- Comfortable executing business analysis. Independently develop, socialize and execute projects of moderate scope and complexity. Projects are executed with sound reasoning and accuracy.
- Familiar with MS applications, IBM Emptoris, Agile and SAP, preferred
- Lean Six sigma (LSS) or related experience, preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of global sourcing concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects.
- Works on medium to large scope sourcing initiatives and projects with varying degrees of complexity.
- Completes work independently and receives general guidance on new projects and initiatives.
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate effectively and interact and collaborate with personnel at various levels of expertise on a global landscape.
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives.
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues.
- Ability to travel 10-15%.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.