What Treasury contributes to Cardinal Health
Treasury is responsible for developing, recommending, and executing financial policy. It sets appropriate capital structure, ensuring that at all times the company has the liquidity to meet its obligations and fund strategic initiatives. Treasury also identifies and manages risks that could erode financial strength. Treasury's key areas of focus include corporate finance, capital markets, financial risk, international treasury, and treasury operations.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and ability to apply corporate finance theory in the development of capital structure and financial policy recommendations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of capital markets, economic theory, and banking industry, along with related regulations.
- Demonstrates analytical, strategic, presentation creation, and spreadsheet modeling capabilities.
- Develops, negotiates and executes capital market trades and banking services and interprets data to execute strategy.
- Demonstrates ability to discern key trends influencing the balance sheet and cash flows, manages liquidity to fund business / strategic initiatives, develops long-term financial projections, and recommends financial targets.
- Exhibits executive presence in the delivery of recommendations to senior management
- ability to influence and gain buy-in.
- Demonstrates basic understanding of domestic and international banking transactions and advises on account structure and services.
- Manages relationships with internal business partners as well as key external parties including banks and rating agencies.
- Bachelors degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years experience in related field
- MBA/CPA, preferred but not required
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.