Do you have at least two years of experience in equipment operations? Are you punctual and a motivated self-starter with a willingness to learn? Are you willing to working overtime during busy seasons? If so, we want to hear from YOU!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
Loader for Aerial application support. May also be expected to assist in general warehouse/hangar duties including, but not limited to: stocking and retrieving package and bulk containers, driving forklift and general housekeeping.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Knowledge and/or experience with agricultural operations (preferred)
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills between both customers and fellow employees
- Willingness to operate material handling equipment including forklift, order picker, pallet jack and other equipment as required
- Specific physical requirements include: Climbing: Ascending or descending from the plane’s wing, ladder. Body agility is emphasized
- Ability to repetitively bend and lift boxes and bags up to 80 lbs.
- Willing and desires to work overtime hours during busy seasons
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Person should be versatile, flexible, and willing
- Can effectively multi-task
- Able to work and contribute to a team approach with a positive attitude and outlook
- Present a professional image to our customer through personal appearance and overall branch cleanliness
- Strong mathematical skills required for mixing and accurately figuring loads
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Forklift Driver and Driving Certification (offered on the job)
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- The loader calculates product and carrier quantities, accurately figuring load amounts
- Traveling to outlying airports to support aerial applications
- Managing inventory, entering spray orders
- Loading planes
- Working closely with the maintenance crew and pilots
- Perform vehicle safety inspections
- Meet and complete all WECO regulatory safety requirements
- Attend product training sessions and meetings when necessary
- Help maintain warehouse/hangar cleanliness
- Notify Branch Manager immediately if products spills
- All other duties as assigned
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly wage (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.