The purpose of this job is to supervise and train Independent Career Agents (ICA) and / or Territory Agent Managers who sell the UnitedHealth Group (UHG) portfolio of products offered to Medicare beneficiaries and individuals age 50+. This ICA Agent Manager is responsible for achieving assigned sales / membership growth targets through the agents in his / her territory / territories.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the Virginia area as you take on some tough challenges.
- Partner with the ICA Recruiting Manager to source and select candidates to ensure a continual pipeline and sufficient base of staff to meet assigned sales / membership growth targets
- Act as a liaison between ICA’s and UHG sales process owners to ensure ICA’s are appropriately set up and supported across their lifecycle. This includes, contracting, licensing / appointment, certification, training, enrollment administration, commission payment, agent servicing, etc
- Partner with the Community Developer (CD) and Sales Director (SD) to identify and develop relationships with individuals and organizations that influence the buying behavior of our target consumer (e.g.; Providers, Regulators, Faith Based Organizations, and Associations)
- Organize involvement in formal and on-the-job training to ensure an accurate understanding of our products, compliance / policy requirements, sales processes, brand and value proposition messages and sales systems
- Facilitate engagement of ICA’s in executing these plans and ensure that ICA’s appropriately build and advance our brand and value proposition and represent our product portfolio and service offerings
- Compliance: Ensure ICA’s adhere to sales and marketing guidelines associated with Medicare regulations, partner expectations and company policies and procedures
- Organize activities, leads and territories to ensure effective and efficient coordination across the territory
- Conduct ride-alongs to observe sales techniques and ensure alignment with expectations and compliance with CMS regulations
- Coach/develop staff to achieve quantitative and qualitative performance targets
- Use data and insights to coach for optimal performance
- Monitor sales results, trends and hold representatives accountable for achieving targets
- Provide a structured certification process, training processes and the available systems tools
- Coach and manage performance
- Manage day-to-day time and activities of assigned ICA’s have to ensure appropriate leading indicators of success and corresponding sales results
- Continually build and nurture ICA agents
- Conduct regular one-on-one meetings to review sales results / activities and provide feedback / coaching on opportunities for improvement
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of each organization and how it impacts the marketplace
- Demonstrate excellent communications skills both verbal and written
- Effectively communicate complex information via in person presentations, phone conversations and emails
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent years of work experience
- 3+ years Medicare or managed care sales experience
- Proven professional relationships within broker market or network sources
- Able to travel up to 75% time
- Reliable vehicle, driving record in good standing and appropriate insurance
- Proficient in MS / Office (Word, Excel, Outlook & Power Point)
- A state health insurance license is a requirement for this position by State law. If you do not already have one, must be willing to obtain a company-sponsored one within 60 days of hire
- Live within commutable distance to Tidewater or Hampton, VA
- Active health insurance license
- Broker management experience
- Established relationships in non-profit, senior centers, etc.
- Experience selling Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement plans
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let’s talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that’s serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry’s singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add you energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving changes for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they’re found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It’s where you can do your life’s best work. (sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: ICA Agent Manager, Medicare & Retirement, Tidewater, Hampton, VA, Virginia, insurance sales,