Do you have at least three years of professional experience as a communications writer across multiple channels, including print, digital and social media? Do you have two or more years of experience writing executive-level communications? Are you proficient with web design fundamentals, information/visual design and user interface standards? Do you have excellent writing and grammar skills and a keen eye for details? If so, we want to hear from YOU!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
Under the direction of and working closely with the Agribusiness executive priorities and communications manager, the Agribusiness communications specialist will support the execution of strategic and integrated internal and external communication plans for the Agribusiness division. This role will be responsible for executing communications objectives that highlight the company’s and division’s mission and values, internal culture, and business strategy. The communications specialist will work closely with key partners and stakeholders across the division and company to ensure strategic internal and external communications are in alignment and successfully executed.
The communications specialist will create engaging and accurate communications on tight deadlines for a diverse array of print and digital assets, including but not limited to executive-level communications (emails, letters, fact sheets, bios, web content, social media posts), employee-engagement communications (stories, event promotions, videos), and event/social communications (invitations, scripts, social media posts, recaps).
The successful candidate will be able to easily shift writing style and tone dependent on audience and goal, transform complex and sensitive information into digestible content, and facilitate writing projects with meticulous attention to details and deadlines. This position reports to the Agribusiness executive priorities and communications manager within the president’s office at division headquarters in Aurora, Colorado.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- At least three years of professional experience as a communications writer across multiple channels, including print, digital and social media
- Two or more years of experience writing executive-level communications
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations, English or related field
- Excellent writing and grammar skills, keen attention to detail. Strong knowledge of Associated Press style as demonstrated by cover letter, resume, writing sample and supplemental question. Preferred knowledge of additional style guide formats
- The ability to create clear and concise messaging from ambiguous information ensuring alignment with the communications strategy, meeting tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- High experience and demonstrated skill in creating content and messaging for diverse internal audiences across a variety of formats
- Proven expertise with web and online tools, techniques, and strategies to build audience and user loyalty; proficient with web design fundamentals, information/visual design and user interface standards
- Strong software skills including Microsoft Office suite, Adobe suite, SharePoint, HTML, survey software, campaign/mailing distribution software
- Videography experience preferred
- Able to travel up to 25%
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Ability to promote a positive image of the company and reinforce the company culture and values, ensuring consistency in overall company brand standards
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to build relationships across functional units and company divisions
- Ability to drive open and clear communication that adheres to values, mission, vision, and strategy
- Excellent listening skills; ability to accurately receive and interpret a wide variety of information in varying formats
- Strong ability to work collaboratively as a member of a high-functioning team
- Ability to think critically and work independently
- Strong ability to understand and take direction
- Positive approach and mindset
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service and a continuous improvement attitude
- Strong ability to be creative and enthusiastic
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- As a member of the Agribusiness communications team, supports the strategy for the annual Agribusiness strategic plan, objectives, and key metrics
- Coordinates with stakeholders to develop content and articles for internal campaigns, newsletters or online media
- Drafts messaging that promotes internal understanding of key initiatives and strategies, and alignment around company culture and improvement of employee engagement
- Partners with key departmental stakeholders to understand upcoming initiatives, policies and/or changes
- Supports stakeholders on proper structure and approval of related roll-out plans to ensure effective and consistent communication
- Supports the design and content of the Agribusiness internal web presence ensuring alignment with the company’s intranet strategy, including messaging and promoting employee usage
- Uses analytics to track effectiveness of campaigns and communications plans, working with stakeholders to adapt strategies accordingly
- Works closely with the marketing team and corporate communications on branding strategy, ensuring proper usage, protection and promotion of the brand
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Annual Salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Comprehensive company benefits
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-five years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.