Do you have at least 5 years of experience in Agronomy or related discipline? Do you have a degree in Agribusiness or Ag Crop Production? Do you have a proven track record in Agronomy sales with the ability to lead and influence? Do you have the ability to build strong relationships and work independently? Are you an excellent communicator with the ability to lead and influence? If you said yes to all of the questions, we want to hear from YOU!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Sales Manager provides leadership and direction to the field sales and management team within their defined geography. The Sales Manager offers guidance and support with product selection, pricing and forecasting as well as assisting in the overall alignment of the business with current and future agronomic trends and practices. The Sales Manager also offers assistance with recruitment, training and performance management of the field sales force.
Key Skills and Abilities include:
- Deep working knowledge of local agricultural crops and market practices
- Provides clear direction and can motivate individuals and teams
- Strong service orientation to Wilbur-Ellis customers
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proficient working with MS Office Suite
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Ability to develop teams and demonstrate leadership qualities
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams and stakeholders without formal authority.
- Commitment to performance development with direct reports
- Skilled at managing multiple projects
- Exceptional organizational skills and project planning
- Excellent communication skills
- Minimum of five years of experience in the agriculture business with demonstrated track
record in sales and marketing or location management
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Agriculture or Business related field is preferred
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Communicate WECO strategy and associated goals to sales personnel
- Offer business and agronomic support to sales team with particular emphasis on less experienced sales people
- Assist in identifying sales people strengths and weaknesses in area of responsibility
- Act as mentor in overall career development of new sales personnel
- Perform area of responsibility management plan, conduct annual performance reviews with sales personnel
- Suggest effective sales team training in skill development and growth
- Establish and maintain a direct relationship with key customers
- Identify potential new customers, devise a sales plan and execute
- Provide pricing and margin guidance for the area of responsibility
- Provide guidance to sales on complaint handling
- Responsible for forecasting an effective sales plan for area of responsibility
- Drive customer segmentation process with follow-up guidance i.e. pricing, time spent, etc.
- Work hand and hand with Operations Management to ensure process adoption and compliance
- Assist field sales with a customer sales plan for each potential product segment: PPP, seed,
nutrition, technology, and services
- Provide leadership of the product use forecasting process for the area of responsibility
- Regularly communicate with District Sales Manager to devise area of responsibility sales strategy and execution
- All other duties as assigned
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive annual salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Comprehensive company benefits
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
Ag Agriculture Agricultural Crop Protection Chemicals Sales Manager Watervliet Three Rivers MI Michigan Wilbur Ellis Ag Agriculture Agricultural Crop Protection Chemicals Sales Manager Watervliet Three Rivers MI Michigan Wilbur Ellis Ag Agriculture Agricultural Crop Protection Chemicals Sales Manager Watervliet Three Rivers MI Michigan Wilbur Ellis Ag Agriculture Agricultural Crop Protection Chemicals Sales Manager Watervliet Three Rivers MI Michigan Wilbur Ellis Ag Agriculture Agricultural Crop Protection Chemicals Sales Manager Watervliet Three Rivers MI Michigan Wilbur Ellis