Do you have an Ag or Business related degree? Experience in retail Agronomy sales? Do you have experience in forecasting and analysis? Do you have the ability to build strong relationships and work independently? Are you an excellent communicator with the ability to lead and influence? If you said yes to all of these questions, we want to hear from YOU!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
Wilbur-Ellis is seeking a motivated and experienced Agricultural Field Sales Representative responsible for managing existing accounts and attracting new customers within a defined sales territory. This position will assist customers with the proper product selection and use of products based on specific agronomic needs. The Agricultural Field Sales Representation will maintain and develop profitable customer relationships while becoming the market leader within the defined sales geography.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Ability to establish strong relationships with field personnel, peers, and customers
- Knowledge of agricultural production
- Ability to lead and influence
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficient with computers utilizing Microsoft Windows and Windows applications and ERP order entry systems
- Ability to travel by vehicle or commercial transportation to other branches, meeting locations, or customer farms
- Ability to work for long periods of time while standing
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, and lift up to 40 lbs. safely and easily
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Agriculture or Business-related field is preferred
- Three to five years’ experience in the Agricultural industry (preferred)
- CCA License preferred
- Good interpersonal and team-building skills with a positive attitude
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with small and large groups
- Detailed and accurate
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
- Physically able to endure outdoor climates including hot or cold weather extremes
- Willingness and desire to embrace technology to add value to service offering for customers
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Manage existing customer base
- Identify new key customers, understand their business, determine their needs, and develop plans and actions for sales territory growth
- Communicate with branch management the initiatives, objectives, strategies, and action plans
- Serve as the point person to manage the support resources of the territory including value-added nutrition, branded products, seed, purchasing, and technology while overseeing the implementation and success of the plans and objectives in conjunction with branch personnel
- Responsible for sales territory budgeting, forecasting, and analysis
- Follow credit policies and manage risk for the company
- Develop annual business plans that optimize growth and profitability for the territory
- Implement marketing and sales plans
- Establish and meet sales goals
- Network with industry representatives to expand sales opportunities
- Build product and market knowledge to add understanding and credibility
- Support other team members to attain branch and performance goals
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training to develop and advance skill set and knowledge base
- Become primary contact between customers and Wilbur-Ellis Company including deliveries, forecasting, credit, complaint handling, custom application, etc.
- Present a professional image to our customers in all interactions (verbal, computer and face-to-face) through personal appearance and overall demeanor
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive annual salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, Employee Assistance Program, vacation, sick time, life insurance, + more); Pension Plan, 401k match up to 3%
- Drug-Free Workplace
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed, and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)