Do you have a solid understanding of inventory management, DOT, and transportation of hazardous materials? Do you have at least three years of experience in warehouse management, dispatch/logistics or operations management? Have you built a foundation for the successful achievement of inventory management goals? Are you a strong leader focused on teamwork? If you are confident in your ability, and you said yes to these questions, we want to hear from YOU! Ag experience is preferred but not required.
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
Wilbur-Ellis is seeking a Warehouse Manager to assist in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment; assist in all aspects of customer service and branch support regarding seed including order processing and inventory management. A positive attitude and willingness to grow and build relationships with team members and customers is required. Responsible for management of inventory, order processing and safety including warehouse duties such as stocking and retrieving items, driving a forklift and general housekeeping.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Forklift Driver and Driving Certification (offered on the job)
- Possession of Class A CDL with a good driving record preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Proficient with computers utilizing Microsoft Windows, Windows applications, Word, PowerPoint and ERP order entry systems
- JD Edwards practice and process training will be provided
- Willingness to operate material handling equipment including forklift, order picker, and pallet jack
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments
- Excellent attention to detail
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills between both customers and fellow employees
- Ability to work and contribute to a team approach with a positive attitude and outlook
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Possess the leadership skills to effectively lead warehouse team
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Oversee all aspects of facility operations and support
- Service-oriented, attention to details to ensure orders are processed correctly in system and trucks are loaded correctly
- Oversee the efficient operation of the yard, warehouse and all vehicles
- Provide inventory management in the best overall economic interest of the company
- Maintain accurate daily and monthly inventory counts
- Maintain accurate inventory records, by ensuring no product leaves, or enters warehouse without necessary paperwork
- Take action expeditiously on all aged and damaged inventory
- Provide additional oversight to the maintenance of equipment
- Provide supervision and support to warehouse personnel and drivers when needed
- Train warehouse helpers, and customers on transportation rules and regulations
- Perform safety inspections of forklifts and other vehicles
- Meet and complete all WECO regulatory safety and training requirements, including physical exams, self and other branch employees
- Maintain mileage and fuel logs on all warehouse vehicles, forklifts, Bobcats, and tractors
- Handle freight claims and year-end audits
- Ensures that all parts are in stock, maintains a proper inventory of pumps, barrels, shuttles and shop supplies
- Dispatch drivers and ensure that drivers have proper driver's license classification and endorsements when assigning to vehicles
- Organize, set-up, and maintain safety training and records
- Ensure that the warehouse has proper safety signs
- Ensure overall cleanliness of the entire facility including warehouse, rental buildings, offices, breakroom and bathrooms
- Attend training sessions and meetings when necessary
- Present a professional image to our customer through personal appearance and overall branch cleanliness
- All other duties as assigned
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive annual salary (to be determined based on experience or other factors)
- Comprehensive company benefits
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
Ag Agriculture Agricultural Crop Protection Operations Logistics Dispatch Inventory Management Warehouse Distribution Ag Agriculture Agricultural Crop Protection Operations Logistics Dispatch Inventory Management Warehouse Distribution Ag Agriculture Agricultural Crop Protection Operations Logistics Dispatch Inventory Management Warehouse Distribution Ag Agriculture Agricultural Crop Protection Operations Logistics Dispatch Inventory Management Warehouse Distribution