Are you a hands-on manager? Are you willing to work on job duties right alongside with your direct reports? Do you have at least five years’ experience in distribution and management? Can you work independently with minimum supervision while handling multiple projects simultaneously? If so, we want to hear from you!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
Wilbur-Ellis is seeking an experienced Operations Manager for a small site location. This role will manage support services within the location including warehouse, dispatch, and purchasing. It is the responsibility of the Operations Manager to ensure each support service area operates efficiently in order to support the overall Area goals. Reports include field service, warehouse and office personnel. Critical to the position is the ability to champion, implement, and embrace change.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Minimum of five years’ experience in distribution with demonstrated track record in management
- Working knowledge of DOT rules and regulations
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Proficient in all Microsoft office applications and in particular Excel
- Good interpersonal and team building skills with a positive attitude and ability to establish relationships with location personnel, peers and customers
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to lead and influence
- Detail and accuracy orientation with an ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Understands, practices, and maintains confidentiality
- Minimum five years’ experience in distribution with demonstrated track record in management
- Associates degree or comparable combination of education and work experience
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Ensure that all customer inquiries are responded to in a timely, accurate and appropriate manner
- Assist with electronic order entry and processing (work order, sales order, shipping documents, invoicing) utilizing JD Edwards Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software
- Purchase products as needed and supervise all aspects of inventory control
- Oversee all aspects of facility operations and support
- Provide daily direction to support personnel
- Provide support to other team members as required to attain location goals
- Assist in development of annual operating budget and manage to plan
- Set department goals and objectives that are aligned with regions strategic plan
- Hire new employees as required
- As part of an overall performance management plan, conduct annual performance reviews with direct reports
- Provide coaching and feedback to employees as required throughout the year
- Ensure that all direct reports are properly trained in their necessary duties and suggest training to improve required job skills
- Address poor performance with progressive discipline and use of performance improvement plans
- Promote positive work environment
- Present a professional image through personal appearance and overall facility cleanliness
- Attend EHSS training sessions and meetings when necessary
- Comply with all Wilbur-Ellis safety and regulatory procedures
- Other duties as required and assigned
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive annual salary (determined based on experience and other factors)
- Comprehensive employee health and retirement benefit offerings
If you are a current Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.