1. To perform district import operations and provide all associated documentation.
2. Obtain documentation from carrier operators, match them with pre-advices and open file in the PROLINK system.
3. Issue delivery orders to carriers and arrange timely delivery.
4. Complete all inbound moves, including but not limited to ITs and permits to transfer.
5. Obtain all necessary documents and charges prior to releasing freight.
6. Trace lost freight and shortages; follow-up with airlines/shipping lines and inform all stations/agents involved.
7. File preliminary notices of claim.
8. Notify all parties when payable and receivable documents are completed accurately and forwarded in a timely manner.
9. Assure that each file contains all necessary documentation in correct sequence.
10. Maintain logs, POLINK entries and import traffic.
11. Appropriately make copies of documents for distribution according to the consignees' and/or country-of-origin requirements.
12. Report all pertinent information to Department Manager customer/vendor problems or unusual situations that may impact services.
13. Work closely with warehouse personnel to perform combined duties.
14. Close communication with customers and carriers.
15. Complete workload duties within normal, reasonable time periods.
16. Perform other duties as assigned by the Department Manager
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.