Americas Region Transport, Trade & Logistics Manager -Turbocharging
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
This role involves heading up a team of procurement and logistics specialists in the Process Automation Turbocharging in Miramar, Florida, implementing effective sourcing strategies to ensure that suppliers have the capability and capacity to meet current and future business requirements.
Reporting to the Hub Division Manager-IATU North America, you will be participating setting up and implement global TT& L (Transport, Trade & Logistics)strategy in line with S&VCE strategy for areas such as Trade Compliance, Import/ Export & Transportation in assigned region. Drive regional implementation of global/ regional TT&L initiatives, monitor performance and global Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Consult and support assigned region/ local divisions on TT&L matters (strategic and operational).
Position will be physically located in Miramar, FL and candidates outside this area would require relocation.
- Support TT&L functions ensuring business continuity during & after the carve out process
- Support local divisions with TT&L issues on day to day basis, i.e. goods tariffing , origin, free trade agreements, export control, customs documents, interface with customs authorities, logistics
- Consult/ support assigned region with TT& L issues on a strategic basis, i.e. Lead/ implement/ support process improvement projects (and/ or initiate/ lead/ implement corrective actions/ changes/ initiatives) along value chain arising from e.g. free trade agreements, customs regulations or new/ changed business models
- Represent TT&L requirements and opportunities (e.g. in global projects)
- Oversee utilization of trade facilitation programs and simplified customs and origin procedures (and administrative the respective authorizations)
- Manage/ support local divisions in line with customs/ tax authorities and consultants (as major communication/ interface with customs authorities, e.g. audits, permissions)
- Provide expertise in terms of contract clauses
- Challenge existing practices and foster exchange of best practices regarding TT&L
- Recruitment, development of local TT&L functions
- Provide specific training for assigned region
- Manage major applicable IT systems serving foreign trade transactions (e.g. SAP GTS). Acting as Super User in line with group application owner
- Regional/ local logistic provider portfolio management
- Selection, onboarding, qualification, performance management
- Proactively partner and drive collaboration with key internal & external stakeholders
- Accountable for TT&L performance for: Productivity / cost efficiency/ competitiveness with highest compliance along value chain including high utilization of FTA opportunities, Compliance, e.g. results customs audit results, export control and On-time delivery
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or Business or Economics and 12 years of applicable experience. Significant experience in foreign trade, i.e. in supply chain management, especially in transport management and trade compliance and operation/ distribution.
- Additionally, in sourcing, category management, purchasing, sales, commercial know-how, experience in contract management and negotiations, tools & processes development, supplier quality development, change management, problem solving, customs management.
- Current knowledge of the regulations, policies, and laws affecting foreign trade, including those related to currency, environmental concerns, taxes and security, among other issues, e.g. complex process dependencies, basic legal understanding
- Project management skills.
- Excellent leadership skills and collaboration with various stakeholders.
- Pro-active, entrepreneurial and strong decision maker.
- International exposure and intercultural experience.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Good networking and social skills.
- Fluent written and spoken English, further languages are an asset. Spanish or Portuguese preferred.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Retirement plan
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
In November 2020, ABB announced the planned divestment of its Turbocharging Division. Turbocharging is a successful and profitable Division in a mature market and has been for long a highly self-reliant business within ABB. ABB has decided to take this step, acknowledging that for Turbocharging to realize its full potential going forward, a new setup is required. As the next step, alternative ownership options, including a spin-off to the Swiss stock market, will be assessed, considering value for customers, ABB and the future of the turbocharging business.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.